We OLIVE you!
The olive branch has long been known as a symbol of victory, peace, and purity. Historically worn by brides, carried by doves, and made into wreaths, The Arlo proudly wears the iconic branch, from branding to landscape.
Here are a few fun facts about olive trees!
- The oldest olive tree in the world lives in Greece, incredibly it is over 2,000 years old.
- The olive tree ranges in height from 10 to 40 feet, it’s branches are full of silvery-green feather-like leaves.
- Olive trees are drought friendly. Much like eucalyptus trees, they do not need to be watered.
- You might think that the olive is a vegetable but it is really a fruit and can be pink, black, brown, purple or green.
- In addition to The Alro logo, the olive branch appears on the national flags of seven nations, the flag of the United Nations and four US states.
- Olive oil is amazing stuff! Of course, we all use it for cooking. But it is also used for skincare, haircare, and medicinal purposes. Try it in lieu of shaving cream, to shine and polish furniture, and to get the bubblegum out of your four year-olds hair! Win, win, win and win.